Beards have been a popular choice for men since early times. The style, length, and thickness have changed over the years. In today’s fashion world, a man can choose any style that suits his personality and lifestyle. Beards are seen as an expression of creativity and the desire to be unique. The key to maintaining your beard is having the proper tools for grooming. Your grandfather may have had to “trim” his growth with a razor strap or blade, while some independent types simply used scissors.
Luckily, today’s man has many different options to keep his beard looking sharp and neat. The number of brands and types of beard groomers have exploded with technology. Once you have decided upon using a beard groomer, there are certain factors to determine what kind you will need.
Picking a Beard Trimmer
- Purpose – This may seem obvious, but some men use the trimmer for more than their beard, such as head, chest, etc.
- Length – Do you have stubble or a thick, long beard. Trimmers come with different settings to meet your needs, so just check for one that is right for you.
- Custom features – There is a wide variety of features for you to choose from. There are ones with unique settings for ear detail or nose trimming.
- Positive reviews – You will need to research beard trimmers to narrow down the choices for your particular criteria.
- Electric or cordless – This is again a preference for your lifestyle and grooming needs.
Once you decide what type beard trimmer you need, there are some things to consider when purchasing one. There are different kinds- some that specialize in beard and mustache trimming or some that are made to shave all parts of the body. Some trimmers come with many different tool accessories, while others are simple but durable.
Considerations for Choosing a Beard Trimmer
- Battery quality – If you choose a battery operated trimmer, look to see how long it takes to charge. Also, you need to check on the life of the battery to make sure it will meet your specific needs.
- Blade quality – This is one of the most important factors, according to professional stylists. What is the blade made of? Does it track smoothly on the jaw and chin? How often do you have to oil the blades?
- The shape of trimmer – The styling of the trimmer is important because you want it to feel right in your hand as you groom your beard.
- Functionality – Does the trimmer shave close and is it designed for easiest use? Does it come with attachments? Is it easy to interchange guards? How about cleaning the trimmer?
- Price – This is an obvious factor because you want to get the best function for your money. You can check the web for some comprehensive reviews.
As you can see, the world of beard trimmers has expanded far beyond its original razor design. Men can trim and groom all parts of the body with ease and efficiency. There are as many kinds of trimmers as there are personalities of the men who use them.